APEX Security’s success begins with our qualified and professional uniformed security officers. That is why we recruit career-minded security professionals who understand the value of their work and who appreciate the importance of living up to APEX Security’s impeccable reputation. Here are 4 types of people we find make great security officers:
- Retirees. We have everything from short (6 hour) shifts to long (12 hour) shifts so whether they want to work a couple of hours or put in a long, solid day, we can accommodate them. Some posts like school groups are perfect for retirees because it involves sitting in a hallway for 6 to 8 hours overnight. They make excellent employees because they are generally more reliable long term. Once you have them established in the same routine, they do well.
- People supplementing social security. We can offer them part-time work. And if they are about to go over what they can make, we can pull them off to balance it and relieve that stress.
- People supplementing their full-time job.A lot of people need to make a little extra to supplement their income. They come to us because of the flexible hours we can provided.
- People new to the country with work permits.Being in Florida, we have a large population of immigrants from Haiti, Dominican Republic and other nearby countries. A lot of these applicants are searching for long-term employment which we can provide. We appreciate the diversity which is especially important for our area experiencing visitors from all over the world.
- Aspiring law enforcement officers. If you are considering a career in law enforcement, a job as a security guard is a great first step to achieving that goal. A security job may also lead to opportunities as a personal bodyguard or private investigator.
Additionally, we handle the security for a wide range of businesses with a wide variety of needs, so we also look for security guards with a variety of personality types. . At a residential facility, school, or hospital, we look for people who are friendly and approachable. If you are great with people, you may also end up working at the front desk of a high rise or apartment complex. If you are incredibly observational, you might find yourself working to secure construction sites or large conferences. For a business, we want our security guards to be exceptionally focused on customer service so they can represent your business properly.
If you’re interested in a career in security, please apply on our CAREERS page.